Some thoughts for those who find themselves starting over again and again and hopefully for the last time.....
Thursday, June 16, 2011
You cannot be a leader of men...
I have had the fortune in the past to be in a position to manage and lead other people in work and in the military. I have also been on the other side and been a follower. As a follower you watch and listen to your boss or superior and inside your head you are judging them on their leadership, whether or not they are fair, understanding, knowledgeable, patient, helpful and so on. As a leader you watch your guys when you give directions to see if they learn, adapt, solve problems and so on. When I ran the shop at a former company I tried my best to be helpful and teach guys all that I could and knew that it wouldn't always happen right the first time, but I treated them with respect and did not try to humiliate them in front of others. The person I work for now is 25 years old and has no clue as to what a leader is. I believe he got his position because his father is VP of Operations. He had no prior experience in our area of work, his only management experience came from restaurants and they were probably high schoolers. Not sure where I am going with this other than some people are just not meant to be leaders in this world. You cannot be a leader of men without humility, learn from God's only son. That is the best advice I can give anyone about being a leader...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment